Do you believe that all animals, including working and farm animals deserve good standards of living? Can you put words into action and get things done? Then the animals of Indonesia need you!
Animal Friends Jogja is looking for a Program Manager to manage our Farmed Animal Campaign Program, related specifically to improving conditions for Farmed Animals. As the Program Manager, you will be designing and implementing plans to incorporate animal welfare into current systems and supply chains as well as educating consumers to be aware of the current conditions, and to ask for better conditions for farmed animals, through advocacy and lobbying, education, community outreach, and collaborations with stakeholders.
This is a demanding post that requires a skilled and innovative campaign professional, capable of inspiring teammates and key stakeholders alike in support of the campaigns.
This role will contribute by leading, planning, communicating, coordinating, and successfully implementing AFJ campaigns, including lobbying government, university, business, farming entities, thus will require a high degree of organizational and communication skills.
You will work closely with our Program Manager and a team of staff, to plan, design, execute and manage our active campaigns. Aside from staff, you will also foster and develop the capacity of volunteers to assist with the farmed animal program activities to support the success of our program and campaigns.
- Montly wage
- Government Health Insurance (BPJS) Tier 2
- Reimbursement for travelling expenses
- The satisfaction of making the highest impact for the maximum number of animals by transforming current systems to incorporate animal welfare standards.
* You must be passionate about changing the lives of animals in Indonesia.
* You must be an excellent communicator and have the initiative and drive to solve problems and find solutions, both individually and as part of a team.
* You must have managerial skills including strategic planning, multi-task, time, resource, and stress management, as you will be collaborating with many people and stakeholders from different backgrounds in the community.
* You need to be self-motivated, disciplined and good with details so you can manage project timelines, strategies and goals to develop the project under strict deadlines and budgets.
* You must be prepared to do administrational work, and at times travel to other regions for field work and meetings, current restrictions permitting.
* You must have good report writing skills in Indonesian/English as you will be expected to write weekly and 3 monthly project progress reports.
* You must have own transport and minimum motorcycle license.
* You must have own computer/phone.
* You must be able to work in close proximity with animals and in non-airconditioned spaces.
Degree OR proven experience in communications/ organizational management/ program management/ animal welfare organization or other relevant field.
How to Apply
If you are interested please send a cover letter explaining year reason for wanting to work in the field of animal welfare, your experience, and expected monthly salary/conditions along with your CV including references/referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject = Apply for Program Manager
Deadline 31 January 2021